The trip down to Salt Lake to get him was a bit treacherous. They were closing schools/stores/work down early around the area to prepare for the big storm. My principal said we all had to be out of the building by 3:31 before the storm came. So, this was what we were looking forward to driving in. I obviously wasn't going to leave him stranded at the airport! :)
We drove about 25-30 mph the whole trip, and witnessed multiple accidents along the way. It usually takes between 45 minutes to and hour to get down there. It took us almost 2 hours. Goob was supposed to arrive at 7:15 pm. We found out his plane was delayed until 7:50. We thought no big deal we will still leave on time to make sure we can take it slow. He arrived in Salt Lake on time, at which point his plane circled the airport for about an hour. He was then rerouted down to Las Vegas so the plane could get gas. The Goob then flew back to hover some more, land, and FINALLY get off his plane at 11:30 pm. We did not want to make the 2 hour trek home, just so we could turn around & come back. We sought refuge in a Denny's about 15 minutes from the airport. It was hard waiting at Denny's when we were so excited to see him.
Needless to say we were ALL exhausted & had a long drive home. We got home about 1:30 am. It was the latest I have stayed up since I have been pregnant! Late nights, stress, and long drives do not agree with this preggo mama :)
We had the best time while he was here. We had a wonderful dinner that we all worked to make. The boys were so great at doing ALL of the dishes! :) There was lots of male bonding while playing Call of Duty, mini golfing, bowling, movie watching, nursery organizing, putting up Christmas lights and chatting. It was sad to have to take Goob back down to Salt Lake, which by the way was another storm-we were calling him the weather curse. It was time to settle back into reality on Monday. It made me realize how blessed I am to have such loving & fun men in my life! :) We all wish we lived closer together, maybe someday.
Uncle Goober got to feel little Genevieve kick while he was here & that was exciting. He can't wait to be an uncle. The baby girl is doing really well & I feel like my pregnancy is flying by! Everyone keeps telling me it is because I have so much going on. I thank the Lord everyday that it is going to smoothly, such a blessing. I also have to remind myself when I get stressed or someone shares one of their horror preggo stories that I am not in control of this pregnancy...God is. I often try to fool myself into thinking I have control. But I know Genevieve is in much better hands with the Lord than me! :)
Here is my one & only pic from the whole Thanksgiving trip. I guess we were so busy I am lucky to have gotten one! :)


1 comment:
What a beautiful table! It looks so wonderful and inviting!
Post a Comment