It could be the hormones, upcoming holiday seasons, or a combination of things. I have been homesick for Portland & my family/friends. I am crying about it more frequently (pregnancy!) I just miss being around the fam and friends my age going through life at the same stage I am. I have been blessed with some great friends here in Utah, but they are all AT LEAST 15 years older than I am. I think I am going to have to make a better effort to reach out to people my own age at church. We are planning to stay here for at least the next 3 years. Good news though....Adam met with his advisor & *to make a long story short* he can take summer classes and graduate June 2012!! That is a year sooner than we were orginally planning :) If I have learned anything in all my years of having a relationship with the Lord, it is He knows the plans He has for me & they are often not aligned with my own plans...All that to say we have NO IDEA where the Lord will have us living when Adam graduates. We want to be in His will, even when it is emotionally hard for us. I do have more good news, I start my last graduate class in 2 weeks. I am so excited to be finished with this program, it has not been easy to work full time & do all the masters work. Plus, I will get my raise in December! Adam bought me the entire Twilight book series for my birthday & it is time to get back to what Bella & Edward are up to ;o) I am choosing to watch the movies first & then read the books last. SOOO, if you know what is happening after Eclipse...I DON'T want to know! :)
Saturday, October 2, 2010
~Homesick~
It could be the hormones, upcoming holiday seasons, or a combination of things. I have been homesick for Portland & my family/friends. I am crying about it more frequently (pregnancy!) I just miss being around the fam and friends my age going through life at the same stage I am. I have been blessed with some great friends here in Utah, but they are all AT LEAST 15 years older than I am. I think I am going to have to make a better effort to reach out to people my own age at church. We are planning to stay here for at least the next 3 years. Good news though....Adam met with his advisor & *to make a long story short* he can take summer classes and graduate June 2012!! That is a year sooner than we were orginally planning :) If I have learned anything in all my years of having a relationship with the Lord, it is He knows the plans He has for me & they are often not aligned with my own plans...All that to say we have NO IDEA where the Lord will have us living when Adam graduates. We want to be in His will, even when it is emotionally hard for us. I do have more good news, I start my last graduate class in 2 weeks. I am so excited to be finished with this program, it has not been easy to work full time & do all the masters work. Plus, I will get my raise in December! Adam bought me the entire Twilight book series for my birthday & it is time to get back to what Bella & Edward are up to ;o) I am choosing to watch the movies first & then read the books last. SOOO, if you know what is happening after Eclipse...I DON'T want to know! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment