Background

Monday, September 20, 2010

So I think you all know...

...but just in case I thought I would make it official. I am preggo! It has been a whirlwind so far. We were praying like crazy that we would get pregnant, and we were hoping to do it within a time frame. I thought, yeah right this is never going to happen. The first month we were trying....my monthly friend never showed up! We were hoping to get pregnant in August or September so that I could have the baby in May/June. I do not have very good maternity leave, and so we were concerned about financial issues if I am out of work. I have to use any sick time that I have, and I only have 5 days from last year. I have 56 hours for this year, so it is definitely not 6 weeks worth :( This also means no sick days for Mrs. Farmer this year either. We are praying and trusting the Lord will provide. He gave us this sweet miracle, in spite of doubts, and I know He will take care of us and Baby Blob.

I am 13 weeks today! My due date just got moved to March 28th. My midwife said either I am earlier than we originally thought or I am growing a huge baby :) One of the best parts of this whole process is how it has brought Adam and I that much closer. To see the light in his eyes when he sees Baby Blob on the ultrasound, has been one of the greatest joys for me. We are so excited to be parents, and I could have not picked a more wonderful father for my children!!


The most disappointing part of this process for me has been that I am NOT SHOWING AT ALL! :( I was so excited for my big pregnant belly to pop out...nope, not even a little. I tell people I am preggo and they look at me and say, "Really?" So, I am really looking forward to needing some maternity clothes and looking like I am preggo, haha! I keep thinking if this baby is so big shouldn't my belly be sticking out yet?!? This whole process has been about growing, changing, and learning. Thankfully I did not throw up in my first trimester (knock on wood!) I was pretty much exhausted all the time, and I can tell that is starting to get better :) The other part I am dying for is to find out if it is a boy or a girl. I do not know if I will be able to live with the anticipation much longer....It does not matter to us either way, I am just so ready to know.


Here is our little Baby Blob at 12 weeks! You will be happy to know my midwife said the spine is all intact, no Spina Bifida. Baby Blob has all four extremities and is facing down. Baby's sweet little foot was kicking & arms were moving. I could not believe it! It all seems too good to be true :)

2 comments:

Miles and Jenny said...

Such exciting news! I will continute to pray and keep us all posted on how you and baby are doing. Praise the Lord for His miracle inside you! YAY YAY YAY!
-Jenny

dutchlvr said...

Just so you know, only crazy skinny ladies show in their pregnancy as early as 14 weeks. I never showed with Nathaniel (16 weeks), popped with Hazel around 5 months (like to the day), and with Piper it was a gradual showing and then a definite roundness around 4 months. Don't stress!