Background

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Ok I am just going to say it....

....being out of state at the holidays is harder than I thought! I am very homesick for friends & family. Plus (as previously mentioned) Adam is working a ton, and it has not been fun for me on the weekends :( Mom told me right before I moved to remember that it takes about a year before a new place feels like home. I have to remind myself that we have only lived here for 4.5 months. Also, that we are both Oregonians at heart. Adam has never lived anywhere but Oregon. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of things that we are loving about Utah. Like the cost of living here is much better than in Oregon. The mountains are beautiful, the snow is amazing, my job is a HUGE answer to prayer. It is just hard not being home at Christmas. We are hoping the weather stays calm & we can drive to Pendleton over Christmas break. I think it is just what Adam & I need right now! :) Keep your fingers crossed for us!!

1 comment:

rae ann said...

oh sweetheart, i feel your pain! it's so hard knowing that family is getting together and living life while you're on your own 'adventure.' i've been pretty miserable over here on the right coast too. xoxo