As I mentioned in my previous post we were feeling very homesick during the holidays. We decided to be spontaneous & drive to Pendleton on Christmas Day! The Lord provided a chunk of time off for Adam (that he had not even asked for...I told you it was God ;o) He got five days off in a row & that was all we needed to hear! We packed up our trusty Mazada & made the 9 hour drive on Christmas Day. One major thing we overlooked in preparation of our trip was food. We ate a small breakfast Christmas morning opened our stockings from each other & my fam, finished packing the car & headed out. We just assumed we would pick up some lunch on the road...WRONG! We didn't think about it being Christmas & that all the fast food employees needing a holiday too. We stopped at multiple places for about an hour trying to find something open. Now, you also need to keep in mind the majority of our trip is in the back hills of Idaho...there is not alot going on! We finally found a gas station to fill up/have our Christmas lunch. Adam had a (sidenote-SUPER SPICY) beef jerky stick, chocolate donuts, and Mountain Dew. I had a blueberry muffin, brown sugar poptarts, and a Diet Pepsi. We did not feel so hot an hour or so after eating our "lunch." We got to Pendleton about 5:00pm & we were straving! They were not planning on us getting there until 6:30, so we had to wait for dinner. Which was amazing! :) It was wonderful to get to spend time with our family, & be back home in Pendleton! We got a few phone pics of our time in Pen-town, mostly of our niece Libby!
We had a super fun Christmas Eve together. I really wanted to go downtown & enjoy their beautiful lights. I drug Adam & Roxy down there to see the sights. Oh my goodness it was SOOO cold! It turned out to be a balmy 17 degrees!! We just about froze to death! We walked around for about a half an hour & then couldn't take anymore. Plus, it was really crowded (apparently everyone else had the same great idea I did) & Roxy was scaring the children. Most young children tend to be deathly afraid of her & her size! :( We then came home & opened presents. It was really special! I have a few pics from our Christmas Eve festivities.
Adam on his ladder that I bought him.
Our disatrous living room after Christmas Eve.
Yay! My new food processor.
Roxy had to be at the center of all present action!
I got some pretty glasses that I had been wanting.
The Christmas lights downtown.
Rox & I downtown in the COLD!
Beautiful lights!
Under the archway.

3 comments:
Love it!
But now I want more...
What a drive that was for you guys! It is super tough being away from family especially during a time such as Christmas. So glad to hear you were able to make it home for the holidays :)
Your pictures are wonderful. SUCH Such SWEET MEMORIES you are making with eachother. I treasure this time that Miles and I have had together. It strengthens us to rely on only eachother in these foreign lands. It is so tough being away from family. I know. It has been 5 years of being far away. I have been home though for the holidays most years. Praying for you both. I know the feeling. It is tough. And now we are looking at leaving in 5 months or so for India! Crazy tough feeling so far away! Keep us updated on YOU and how you are doing.
Post a Comment