skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Hoping for a snow day....
so, this pic was taken at about 10:30 this morning. we got up as usual at 8 to go to church, we got all ready and hoped in the car to make the thrity minute trek to our church New Hope Community. It was snow/raining when we left at 9:45. we thought it might clear off as we got out of pen-town...WRONG! it just got worse it was super slick and we were having a hard time getting up the hill. so we decided to turn around and come home. it's a good thing we did it snowed HARD all day. the news said we got 7 1/2 inches of snow! it was kind of a freak snow storm. the roads are pretty hard to drive on, no one has plowed or anything. it is absolutely gorgeous! i am hoping for a snow day tomorrow! i know the pendleton schools are closed tomorrow, maybe the college will follow suit :) the fam went sleding today and had a great time. i stayed home and relaxed and read a book. it was nice! also, we shoveled the driveway twice and as soon as we would get done it would be covered in snow again...so we gave up.
roxy as always had a blast playing in the snow and chasing her toys, snowballs, and us. this is a funny pic cuz she had just gone out with adam to take a picture and had been outside like a minute. she was covered in giant snow flakes! she was pretty much soaking wet all day long!
this is what we did instead of going to church today ;) we wanted to make a snowWOman instead of the usual snowMAN. we called her the "white trash snow vixen!" and of course she is a Packer fan too! it took us an hour or so to complete her, and about an hour later she had fell face first into the snow. all the snow that kept coming down made her too top heavy. so that was sad :( we only got to briefly enjoy her...luckily we got a pic before she went down. so, here's hoping for a SNOW DAY!!
3 comments:
I'm enjoying your blog! I love that it has new posts :) I hope you guys can come to town in a couple weeks - I know Nate would be super happy about that!
Major vixen! I am SO jealous that you guys got the day off... I am crossing my fingers for one tomorrow! I didn't know you went to New Hope. I have been there several times, when I live in that area I go to Stanfield Baptist. Krysta Marlow goes to New Hope, do you ever see her?
yeah we have been going to new hope for a couple years now. yeah i see her almost every week, and we always say hey. sometimes we chat...it depends. i haven't heard of stanfield baptist. we were looking for a church after we moved here...didn't like any in pen-town. so we opened the phone book and tried new hope. we have been hooked ever since! :)
Post a Comment