Background

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Life...


Ok people have been asking about my job as a substitute teacher. Well, the short version is I pretty much hate it, and am just doing because I could not get a full-time job in the fall. I don't think the job itself is evil, it just goes against every part of my personality! I am a planner, organized, and routine. Subbing goes against all of these things. I get a call at 5-7 am to go teach a class that I don't know, at a school I am unfamiliar with, and with lesson plans I did not write. I feel like a glorified babysitter! All of that said I know the Lord has something to teach from all of this. I pray everyday that I would have a positive attitude about it, and that I could be a blessing to the students and teachers. I pray that I can meet people and network for next year, and that this experience will help me be a better teacher. I also hope as I do it more it will get less scary for me. I just need to make it through this year, and hopefully the Lord will provide a job for me in the fall. If I don't get a job in the fall I am not exactly sure what I will do; I guess we will figure that out at the time. I am hoping to get some calls this week, and have a positive attitude about the situation! :) This is a picture Adam took of me after my very first sub job.

3 comments:

Cherilyn said...

Yeah! way to have a good attitude! It is hard when things aren't quite what we think they should be, but God is in control, so trust, trust, trust... Having said that, it's good to see you back in the blogging world!

*FARMERS* said...

thanks! i am going to try to be better :)

dutchlvr said...

I love it when you update!