Background

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween 2008

I admit...I have neglected my blog. I have been consumed with moving, trying to get substitute teaching jobs, and working at Starbucks. The move is OK we are glad to be back in the Portland area, but it has not been easy so far. We are literally "Livin' on a Prayer!" Substituting is not my favorite, as I knew it wouldn't be. I just view it as a means to an end. I am praying that I can network and meet the right people to help me get a job next fall. Starbucks is fabulous and I absolutley love working there. The people are great, the coffee is amazing, and it is a face paced job that makes the time fly!



On Halloween I was scheduled to close...which was fine with me. If you all remember I am not a fan of the "holiday." It is just not a happy time for me. People with their dead bodies, witches, and other evil spirits in their yard and house. I just find most aspects about Halloween depressing and I choose not to participate. My husband on the other hand, loves the holiday. He and the rest of my family (minus jeff who is in San Diego) went trick or treating in some of the nice neighborhoods in the area. He dressed up like a panhandler! His costume was inspired by a panhandler we kept seeing when we were in San Diego; he wore a sign that said, "Bet you can't hit me with a quater." Adam and Jeff thought this was hilarious and looked for him when we would go driving around so they could throw quarters at him!! Adam also took Roxy door to door with him. Apparently she stole the show with her little sign and spunky attitude! They had a good time and got some great candy! (And yes he DID know he spelled candy wrong...although he couldn't convince one guy that was handing out candy.)

2 comments:

Cherilyn said...

Geez! Finally! I have missed your updates! How is subbing? Are you getting much? Sounds like things are pretty good, keep us updated!

dutchlvr said...

Mmm, Starbucks...

P.S. Adam, nice costume. Ingenious.