Background

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summer

It was sunny & I love the face Roxy is making





I can not believe how quickly this summer has gone!

I go back to work in two weeks.

I am excited about meeting my new first graders,

this year is going to be a new adventure!






Other work related news:

Our contracts are still being negotiated, but

I am not worried about my job.

The union has hired a lawyer to fight the school board.

They are disagreeing over our yearly pay raises (the

more experience you have the more you are supposed to get paid).

My raise was going to be about $600 for the year, but I will

most likely not be getting that this year.

The school board also wants to cut days out of the school year,

so we get paid less. Also, possilbly not paying those of us that have

gotten our Masters degree.





I am two classes from graduating with my Masters, I am so excited!

The timing turned out to work out perfectly.

I will be really happy when I do not have to spend my evenings doing homework.


We have had a lot going on this summer.





We are getting ready to go camping next week.

It will be our first/last vacation for this summer.

We are going to Bear Lake, so I plan on lounging by the water & relaxing!

We were able to briefly run to Portland the beginning of June.

My youngest sister graduated high school.

It was a super fast trip, because I had to get back to teach Summer School.

Adam had to get back to go to his summer classes.






Adam has officially completed his first semester back at college!

He took 5 classes, and got A's in all of them.

I am so proud of how hard he worked.

So, with all the homework we have been doing there

has not been much time for anything else.






We celebrated Adam's 27th birthday last Saturday.

We had a fun day, just the two of us.

We went to dinner and mini golfing.

For those of you who know us (how competitive he is at mini-golf)

I had a really good game & we tied!

He was not happy, I was :)






I have enjoyed sleeping in, reading for fun, and spending

lots of quality time with Adam this summer.

We have been taught some important lessons this summer.

The Lord has used some friends, His Word, and my favorite group FFH

to guide and direct our hearts and lives this summer.

The verse I have clung to is: "Do not be anxious about anything,

but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving,

make your requests known to God."

I often fall asleep repeating this verse over and over.

I tend to be anxious about lots of things!

Here is to continuing the journey that the Lord has planned for us all.

*Cheers*

2 comments:

dutchlvr said...

oh how i miss you and i love you!

Miles and Jenny said...

So good to hear how things have been going for you this summer. I will be praying for your anxious heart. I found that verse to encourage my anxious heart (this very minute!!!!) So thank you for that. Take care girlie! Hopefully talk to you soon.-Jenn